Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Look at the sky tonight, all of the stars have a reason. A reason to shine, a reason like mine and I'm falling to pieces. Star Shopping, by Lil Peep

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Do Your Parents Like That You Are Emo? Feb 26 2013, 02:22 PM
Mine aren't bothered...

Replies

Emo Pictures - Major-A7X-Fan
Major-A7X-Fan
Feb 26 2013, 03:42 PM
Mine quite like it tbh my dad moans bout the music but hey he was brought up on Adam and the Ants lol
Emo Pictures - -FiFi-
-FiFi-
Feb 26 2013, 07:12 PM
even though im not emo or anything... my parents from my knowledge have been all right with how i look and whatnot. I mean there some aspects they didn't like very much but they know its my choice at the end of the day.
Emo Pictures - Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Feb 26 2013, 07:41 PM
my mom likes it she says she loves im differnt and im myself and i dont let others inflance me she likes metal and stuff to so shes cool as hell about it. my dad on the other hand hates it he used to tell me when i was 12 if i wore black finger nail polish to his house he never wanted to see me agin and gave me all kinds of shit for it i got sick of him judging me and trying to change me which is a big part of why i havent talked to him in 5 years
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Feb 27 2013, 08:41 AM
nope...im going to be carful how i word this but ... no they tollerate very small things but music and apperance are constant argument cases and well other family look down on it
Emo Pictures - Dark-anime-angle
Dark-anime-angle
Feb 27 2013, 10:49 AM
my mum and dad don't know im emo but whenever i speak about them my mum tells me to shut up
Emo Pictures - xXravenswsXx
xXravenswsXx
Feb 27 2013, 11:58 AM
My mum not so much, but my dad was a real metalhead and so he likes that i have found my own 'scene' to be a part of. He also likes some of the music, my stepmum also 'encourages' me so to speak because she says its important to show who you are and what you listen to
Emo Pictures - Astro
Astro
Feb 28 2013, 08:56 AM
My family is ok with it. As in they know that emos are the only people I really get along with, so they're just like "yeah, go and embrace your normal self". For ages though they were really against it, but after recent circumstances they've come around :)
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
Feb 28 2013, 02:27 PM
My mum likes my style, and my dad likes my music, so I think it works out ok :) tbh, me being alternative is one of the few things my parents actually aren't fussed about :/
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 01 2013, 03:58 PM
^What are they fussed about then haha..
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
Mar 03 2013, 05:16 AM
My grades, my social life, my career choice, my friends, my boyfriend, what I spend my money on :/
emolovesbloodcake
Mar 03 2013, 07:54 AM
My mom nd papa ok with it
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 03 2013, 10:15 AM
DizzyDotRocks ah ok poor you!
Emo Pictures - DevinisDevin
DevinisDevin
Mar 03 2013, 11:12 AM
I am not emo but they don't like my long hair
xzombieluvscookiesx
Mar 03 2013, 01:19 PM
I'm not really Emo but my step dad is ok with it cos he used to be proper metal head and still likes that kind of music, and he loves the style. My mum is a different story. Whenever I dress in ripped jeans or wear really tight clothes she doesn't like it too much. And she hates the music with a passion. So yeah, mixed reactions with me.
EmoChelza
Mar 07 2013, 12:45 AM
well... They say different is better than being the same as everyone else, but yet they tease me n say im weird cuz i wear 'strange' 'different' clothes and wear heaps of makeup... so yeah n sometimes they say im embarrassing >.>
devils_night
Mar 07 2013, 09:13 PM
My parents really didn't like it at first. My mom eventually accepted it and now she even likes the hair and clothes and such. My dad still doesn't like it, but he ignores it now.
Bones
Mar 08 2013, 12:27 PM
hmmmm I could swear you had a similar forum last year....woo woo forum search time!! erm...dressing emo yer mother don't give a shizle....don't see her that often....don't dress emo for college anymore...or work...only when I go town and stuff...hmmmm hmmm hmmm
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 08 2013, 03:24 PM
Well done Bekah I did do a topic like this ages ago!
XxMidnightDarknessxX
Mar 08 2013, 07:46 PM
I'm not emo!!!! I don't label myself, although my moms ok with meh being an outcast cuz she was goth herself when she was younger.. So she don't mind.. Also she threatens to throw my black clothes away if I don't start Wearing bright stuff LOL I know she's joking C:
IWantYourBlood
Mar 08 2013, 08:09 PM
O.O when i first dyed my hair it was orange spikes. From there i grew it out dyed more of it, more random colors. Mom noticed but didnt say anything! Now I have purple bangs and have a decent job. My mom likes my hair color choices most of the time. Then again if someone doesn't like it, then FFFFFUUUUU because I like it.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More