Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Your skeleton forgot to bring it's backbone, next time pack it in your bodybag... Skeleton, by Ghost Town

Emo Forums » Emo Art And Photography (Reply)

xXEmotionalPunkXx
Instructions on how Emo kids take such hot pics of themselves? Sep 21 2012, 04:28 AM
I've been thinking, that once I grow my hair back I shall start taking cute, photo-shopped pics of myself at different angles :) First I want to know how to photo shop pictures. Secondly I'd like to know some interesting angles to take them. Thirdly I'm gonna need some light effective makeup to cover up acne and redness and make my skin look light but perfect. Can anyone tutor me on this? p.s. Is Sheercover any good?? I might use that, my Mum uses it XD Thanks cupcakes!

Replies

Emo Pictures - Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Sep 21 2012, 07:56 AM
you kinda have to experiment to find what angles work best for you but a great photo edit site is picmonkey.com its free you and add different affects and even fix blimishes and wrinkles. hope this helps :)
xXEmotionalPunkXx
Sep 21 2012, 11:23 AM
Awesome, thank you XD
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
Sep 21 2012, 11:30 AM
I edit my photos on photobucket.com. Haven't tried picmonkey though, so I can't compare, but on photobucket you can choose from lots of different effects :) I just basically try about 50 different angles and poses to see which works best :) Personally, I use Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer, and if I need a little extra coverage, Avon Colortrend Pressed Powder. To be fair, I don't have acne, though I do get the odd spot and my skin can get a bit blotchy xD
Emo Pictures - ohsolo
ohsolo
Sep 21 2012, 01:15 PM
Good place to start would be www.photoshoproadmap.com. they do free tutorials on everything photoshop and photoshop elements including how to touch up photos Be careful though photoshop is highly addictive oh and if you cant get photoshop (its really expensive) there is a free programme which does exactly the same and its called Gimp, you'd just need to google it
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 21 2012, 01:26 PM
At first I thought you were being sarcastic... Anyway the only editing I ever do on pics of me is to adjust the levels in Photoshop.
xXEmotionalPunkXx
Sep 22 2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks. I'll try out both and see which works best. I have some acne, not too bad anymore and I think certain background effects on pics look epic. Suck as blurring out the background, making it black & white with only the eyes in colour etc. Thanks guys. Btw, ofc I wasn't being sarcastic, why would I be? XD
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 22 2012, 11:17 AM
Quite a few people take the piss out of 'emos' for posing and heavily editing pics.
Emo Pictures - Kamikazeke
Kamikazeke
Sep 27 2012, 08:59 PM
I know I get upset at how edited a lot of those pictures are. Everything from eye and hair colour, makeup, and even body shape are totally redone in so many of those pictures. I can't stand it. I will change at most some of the lighting and perhaps clear up my skin a little. Unless I'm trying to create an effect that is obviously fantasy (like adding wings or making rainbow eyes)
Emo Pictures - Sarahelizabeth
Sarahelizabeth
Oct 21 2012, 11:36 AM
Personally i wouldn't even consider it, you don't need to have a heavily edited picture to make yourself look good online. You will always be you no matter how you may want to come across to others online. It's not YOU that needs to change to make a good picture, it's the way the picture needs to be taken to make you look good. Overall - if people don't like the way you look that's that's their problem and not yours, no need to put on a fake front.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 22 2012, 12:50 PM
^well said!
Bones
Oct 23 2012, 06:55 AM
dude im a fahion photographer i will take a sex picture of u here is some of my work http://www.gateway.ac.uk/component/content/article/11-courses/art-courses/159-fashion-photography-btec-level-3-certificateaward im setting up a website at the mo to post all my work on :)

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More